In lieu of COVID-19, we are following recommendations by the CDC and restrictions put into place by Governor Baker. We ask that everyone respect and follow the safety protocol:
- Group class sizes are restricted. As of 12/26, each class size must remain under 10 people. This means for classes with more than 5 dogs, we can only allow 1 person per dog. If the class has 5 or less dogs, then we will allow for 2 people per dog. The group class count does not include the class instructor or training assistant. https://www.mass.gov/info-details/temporary-capacity-and-gathering-limits
- Because our training space at South Paws Doggy Daycare is large, we are still able to hold two classes at once. If two classes are going on at once, each class will use have a designated door to use when entering and exiting class. This is to help minimize class crossover traffic.
- We ask that if you are sick or feeling ill, test positive for the virus, or come into contact with someone who has tested positive/is sick/ill with Covid like symptoms, you remain home and self quarantine. Covid symptoms include fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, cough, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
- Wash hands prior to class as well as after class. We highly suggest keeping hand sanitizer in your car to use before and after class. We will have hand sanitizer available for all classes and you are welcome to use it at any point.
- Face coverings are required for all inside the building and while entering/exiting the building. This is for the safety of all.
- Practice social distancing and maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others. Being dog owners, we are pretty good at judging 6 feet of distance – a normal dog leash is 6ft!
- We ask that you refrain from touching another person’s belongings. Even though you may want to say hi, we ask that you refrain from petting the other dogs in class. This is out of an abundance of caution. There is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading the virus.
- If you need to miss a class, we will try to offer a make up in another class on a different day/time, but we cannot guarantee it. There will always be an option to pay for a 30 minute mini private with an instructor, for a fee of $30. This is not required.
- For further guidelines/tips, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html\